Ruth Sutton's first novel ‘A Good Liar’ was published in 2012 and two further books that formed the Jessie Whelan trilogy followed in successive years – Forgiven (2013) and ‘Fallout’ (2014)
In 2015 Ruth turned her hand to crime fiction in ‘Cruel Tide’, which was shortlisted for the Lakeland Book of the Year.
The sequel ‘Fatal Reckoning’ came out in 2016.
As a self-published author, Ruth is constantly trying new things – she's just launched a crowd-funding campaign, recently recorded her own audiobook and has signed two books with Fahrenheit Press which is marketing her writing to a much broader audience.
Find Out More:
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ruth-Sutton/e/B001JS1A60
Interview Talking Points:
1) Fahrenheit Press books: http://www.fahrenheit-press.com/
2) Unbound Publishing: https://unbound.com/
Ruth's crowd-funding page: https://unbound.com/books/b
Ruth's blog post on her crowd-funding experiences: https://ruthwords.wordpress.com/2017/05/07/almost-there/
3) The Music Farm studio at Egremont: http://www.themusicfarm.co.uk/index.htm
Ruth's blog post on her audiobook recording: https://ruthwords.wordpress.com/2017/04/13/recording-an-audio-book-lessons-learned/
4) Ruth's blog post on writing explicit sex scenes in her books: https://ruthwords.wordpress.com/2016/12/29/explicit-sex-in-the-novel-too-much-information/
5) Ruth's blog post on using an agent: https://ruthwords.wordpress.com/2017/03/04/im-asking-again-do-i-need-an-agent/