Orna Ross is an award-winning and bestselling independent novelist and poet, who also writes guides for other authors and creative entrepreneurs.
She is founder and Director of the Alliance of Independent Authors, the professional association for self-publishing writers and The Creativist Club, a support, motivation and accountability group for creative entrepreneurs.
She has been named “one of the 100 most influential people in publishing” by UK publishing trade magazine, The Bookseller.
Born and raised in Ireland, she now lives in London.
1) Writing website: https://www.ornaross.com/
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OrnaRossAuthor/
3) Twitter page: https://twitter.com/ornaross
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Orna-Ross/e/B001K86OBA
4) YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvH9gB5nDAnHO65Ni5DseFg
5) LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ornaross/
Gary Collins has a very interesting and unique background that includes military intelligence, Special Agent for the U.S. State Department Diplomatic Security Service, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and U.S. Food and Drug Administration. His background and expert knowledge brings a much-needed perspective to today's areas of simple living, health, nutrition, entrepreneurship, self-help and being more self-reliant. He holds an AS degree in Exercise Science, BS in Criminal Justice, and MS in Forensic Science. In addition to being a best selling author, he has taught at the University College level, consulted and trained college level athletes, and been interviewed for his expertise on various subjects by CBS Sports, Coast to Coast AM, The RT Network, and FOX News to name a few.
John Hindmarsh, a writer of thrillers and sci-fi novels who first appeared on this podcast in July 2017.
John is well-known in the 20Books and indie author community and received an astonishing response to a post he wrote in 20Books revealing his amazing achievements at the age of 78.
He has been dealing with some very serious health issues since we spoke, but John continues to self-publish his books and achieve bigger and better things.
I was keen to catch up with John to check in on his writing, find out how 20Books Vegas went and enquire about his health.
John's website: http://johnhindmarsh.com/
John's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JohnHindmarshAuthor/
John's Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/John-Hindmarsh/e/B005309ASK
John's Goodreads author page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7337086.John_Hindmarsh
Follow John on Twitter at https://twitter.com/john_hindmarsh
Edwin Downward is a Canadian writer who describes himself as a 'writer of Science Fiction Adventures'.
His debut novel is called 'Synergy of Hopes' and it was published in 2015.
The second novel - 'Into The Crucible' - was published earlier this year.
Edwin has also written 'One's World' which is a teaser into his science fiction Worlds Together Universe.
We've been exchanging messages for some years now on social media, so I thought it high time that we got together on the podcast to discuss sci-fi and self-publishing.
1) Writing website: https://edwindownward.com/
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/edwindownwardauthor/
3) Twitter page: https://twitter.com/edwindownward
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/Edwin-Downward/e/B01AH8W03O/
4) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14418662.Edwin_Downward
Alissa Grosso is the author of the YA novels Popular, Ferocity Summer and Shallow Pond as well as the nonfiction book How To Make Money Selling Vintage Items on Etsy.
She's also written a couple of thrillers - Girl Most Likely To Succeed and In The Bag.
Alissa shares her writing adventures on her weekly 'Awkward Author' vlog and podcast and her reselling adventures on the Planet Alissa channel.
In the past Alissa has worked as a newspaper editor, a children’s librarian, a book distributor sales rep and a long, long time ago as a tavern wench complete with Colonial style costume.
Her writing has appeared in a number of newspapers, magazines and websites, and she is a monthly contributor to YA Outside the Lines.
1) Writing website: http://alissagrosso.com
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/alissagrossoauthor/
3) Twitter page: https://twitter.com/alissagrosso
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alissa-Grosso/e/B004GBMPLQ
4) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3351600.Alissa_Grosso
1) Alissa's 'Awkward Author' YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCsbyw8sS6GFJ6FuZKnVGJw
3) Alissa is a monthly contributor to YA Outside the Lines.
4) Flux publishing: https://www.fluxnow.com/
5) Vellum formatting software: https://vellum.pub/
6) Scrivener writing software: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/overview
8) FBA Fulfillment by Amazon: https://services.amazon.co.uk/services/fulfilment-by-amazon/features-benefits.html
9) Profit Bandit: https://sellerengine.com/profit-bandit/