Jon Evans is a UK indie author who always wanted to become a writer and there were many false starts and unfinished projects along the way.
The first three books in a space marine series about the adventures of the Royal Marine Space Commandos – Commando, Guerrilla and Ascendant – were co-written with his brother, James.
Jon has also written Thieftaker which is the first book in a renaissance fantasy series.
There's also The Edrin Loft Mysteries which will be an ongoing series of novels and novellas based in Kalider, once the capital city of what is now known as The Shattered Empire.
Once the series is well underway, there will be an epic fantasy series that deals with events on the macro scale, affecting the whole Shattered Empire.
1) Writing website: https://jonevansbooks.com/
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jonevansauthor/
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jon-Evans/e/B074T284JT/
4) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/17101115.Jon_Evans
5) Jon & James' business website: imaginarybrother.com
6) Imaginary Brother on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ImaginaryBrotherPublishing/
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-27-10-2018/
Jonathan de Montfort's self-publishing story is a little different to most.
Jonathan is also a keen writer with an interest in literature and it's taken him f
This has proven to be quite controversial in the publishing world and we do discuss this during the interview.
Q&A from listeners following the interview
1) Writing website: https://linktr.ee/jonathandemontfort_author
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jrdemontfort/
3) Twitter page: https://twitter.com/jrdemontfort
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turner-Jonathan-Montfort/dp/1912770016/
4) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18106693.Jonathan_de_Montfort
5) LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-de-montfort/
1) The Bookseller's report on De Montfort Literature: https://www.thebookseller.com/news/start-publishing-venture-offer-aspiring-novelists-salary-793601
2) About De Montfort Literature: https://www.demontfortliterature.com/about/
3) About De Montfort Capital: https://www.demontfortcapital.com/
4) Alli blog post on De Montfort Literature: https://selfpublishingadvice.org/watchdog-analysis-de-montfort-literature/
5) Lisa Poisso's website: http://lisapoisso.com/
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-20-10-2018/
Nathan Burrows is a UK indie-author who's based in Norfolk.
His debut novel, Blind Justice, was published in March 2018.
Nathan's latest release is ‘The Butcher’, a dark post-Brexit comedy.
It’s the first in a trilogy of dark comedy thrillers based in Norfolk.
The next in the trilogy – ‘The Baker’ – is slated for release in late Autumn 2018.
As well as being a voracious reader, Nathan runs the occasional marathon – which is how we connected.
1) Writing website: https://nathanburrows.com/
2) Facebook page:
3) Twitter page: https://twitter.com/nathanburrowsuk
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nathan-Burrows/e/B079KS96CQ
4) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/17677687.Nathan_Burrows
5) BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/nathan-burrows
6) Interview with Nathan: https://www.plaintalkbm.com/nathan-burrows/
1) Nathan's editor: http://flukyfiction.wixsite.com/publishing
2) The source of Nathan's Blind Justice cover: http://www.thecovercollection.com/
3) The Creative Penn podcast: https://www.thecreativepenn.com/podcasts/
4) The Self-Publishing Formula Podcast: https://selfpublishingformula.com/
5) Scrivener: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/overview
6) Vellum: https://vellum.pub/
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-13-10-2018/
Show notes at: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/episode-122-linzi-drew-honey-take-2/
Linzi Drew-Honey is a former glamour model and editor of Penthouse magazine.
She has also appeared on Page Three of The Sun.
Linzi has just self-published her second book – Every Shade of Black – which is an erotic fiction novel.
This second novel has also been published through Matador, the self-publishing imprint of The Troubador Publishing Group.
I wanted to catch up with Linzi to find out what she'd learned since writing her first book and why she'd decided to work with Matador for a second time.
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-06-10-2018/
Clare Sager is a first-time fantasy author who released her debut - A Thief and a Gentlewoman - about three weeks prior to recording this podcast interview.
It's Clare's second time on the podcast but I wanted to catch up with her because she's had a great launch and managed to buck the trend experienced by the majority of new authors.
Typically, most of us release our book, sell to a few friends and family members, then it's tumbleweed from that point onward.
For Clare though, following the best advice from groups like 20BooksTo50k - she managed to hit triple figures in her first week, which is a huge achievement.
I wanted to find out how she did it so that I could share her best tips with other indie authors.
1) Writing website: http://www.claresager.com/
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/claresagerauthor/
3) Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/ClareSAuthor
4) A Thief & A Gentlewoman sample: https://claims.instafreebie.com/free/YvQ1N
5) LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/clare-sager-449a2549/
6) Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/claresager/
7) Clare's podcast page: http://www.claresager.com/confessions
1) A link to Clare's blurb review spreadsheet - click here
2) Compensating for VAT when pricing books on Amazon: https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G201645410
3) KDP delivery costs: https://justpublishingadvice.com/amazon-kdp-delivery-costs-can-eat-at-your-royalty/
4) To find out more about InstaFreebie, click here [My referral link]
5) To find out more about BookFunnel, click here
6) Mark Dawson's Self-Publishing formula: https://selfpublishingformula.com/
7) Sell More Books Show: http://sellmorebooksshow.com/