Shaun Stevens, a fantasy author who writes as S.P. Stevens.
Before turning to writing, Shaun followed a passion for music at first, writing and performing House and Techno in the 1990s.
Then, in 2001, he founded an internet marketing company, finding a home for his writing in the form of technical SEO and copywriting services.
Unable to resist more creative urges, in 2016 he decided to put fingers to keyboard, penning his debut Fantasy novel, Bindcrafter.
In early 2018, work started on a prequel novella in the Bindcrafter series, and Ranker’s Charge was released in August 2018.
1) Writing website: https://www.spstevens.com/
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/spstevenswriter/
3) Twitter page: https://twitter.com/spstevenswriter
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/S.-P.-Stevens/e/B07F42BLT9/
4) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18161374.S_P_Stevens
5) Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/spstevenswriter/
1) Outline of Wordpress Gutenberg changes: https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/
2) Divi Wordpress theme: https://www.elegantthemes.com/
3) Elementor Wordpress theme: https://elementor.com/
4) Thrive Themes: https://thrivethemes.com/architect/
5) Mailchimp email marketing: https://mailchimp.com/
6) MailerLite email marketing: https://www.mailerlite.com [My affiliate link]
7) SendinBlue email marketing: https://www.sendinblue.com/
8) NaNoWriMo: https://nanowrimo.org/
9) Amazing indie author discovery via Shaun! https://www.scribophile.com/
Julie Stock only started writing in 2013 when she was in her late forties but she was soon hooked and went on to join the RNA’s New Writers’ Scheme the following year.
She is now an independent author of contemporary romance from around the world, having published her debut novel, From Here to Nashville, in February 2015, followed by her second novel, The Vineyard in Alsace in March 2017.
Over You (Sam's Story) and Finding You (Jenna's Story), her follow-up novellas to From Here to Nashville were published in 2018, making the From Here to You series complete.
Julie is a proud independent member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association and the Society of Authors.
When she is not writing, she works part-time for a charity as a communications officer, and freelance as a proofreader, web designer and supply teacher.
1) Writing website: https://julie-stock.co.uk/
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JulieStockAuthor/
3) Twitter page: https://twitter.com/wood_beez48
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Julie-Stock/e/B00SQERTKG
4) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/111529.Julie_Stock
5) Romantic Novelists' Association: https://romanticnovelistsassociation.org/rna_author/julie-stock/
1) FreeBooksy promos: https://www.freebooksy.com/
2) BookBub for authors: https://partners.bookbub.com/
3) NaNoWriMo: https://nanowrimo.org/
4) The Romantic Novelists' Association: https://romanticnovelistsassociation.org/
5) Festival of Romance in Bedford: http://www.literaryfestivals.co.uk/festival_of_romance.html
6) The Society of Authors: https://www.societyofauthors.org/
7) Scrivener writing software: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/overview [Recommended!]
8) Alliance of Independent Authors: https://www.allianceindependentauthors.org/
9) Vellum software: https://vellum.pub/
10) Rachel Gilbey's review site: http://rachelsrandomreads.blogspot.com/
My Path To Publication - 20 things which led to the publication of my first book
1 - Exercise book
2 - Mr Plum & Mr Apple
3 - Letter from Penguin
4 - Letter from Pan
5 - Reading Enid Blyton books at primary school
6 - TV - Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers/6 Million Dollar Man/Space 1999
7 - Writing plays at secondary school - A Christmas Carol - winning house drama on my script
8 - Tealby Newsheet
9 - James Hadley Chase - getting told off in the library [COVER!]
10 - School magazine
11 - English A level
12 - Radio 1 competition
13 - English Degree
14 - Theatre Studies/Crucible
15 - College magazine editor
16 - Teaching - poetry magazines/visiting authors/writing assembies
17 - Radio - writing at speed/constructing a story
18 - Dissertation text - Dempster WillyNilly
19 - IM - PDF books sold with products
20 - Book with Phill
>>> The Secret Bunker visit ... it all began with The Secret Bunker!
Jon Evans is a UK indie author who always wanted to become a writer and there were many false starts and unfinished projects along the way.
The first three books in a space marine series about the adventures of the Royal Marine Space Commandos – Commando, Guerrilla and Ascendant – were co-written with his brother, James.
Jon has also written Thieftaker which is the first book in a renaissance fantasy series.
There's also The Edrin Loft Mysteries which will be an ongoing series of novels and novellas based in Kalider, once the capital city of what is now known as The Shattered Empire.
Once the series is well underway, there will be an epic fantasy series that deals with events on the macro scale, affecting the whole Shattered Empire.
1) Writing website: https://jonevansbooks.com/
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jonevansauthor/
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jon-Evans/e/B074T284JT/
4) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/17101115.Jon_Evans
5) Jon & James' business website: imaginarybrother.com
6) Imaginary Brother on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ImaginaryBrotherPublishing/
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-27-10-2018/
Jonathan de Montfort's self-publishing story is a little different to most.
Jonathan is also a keen writer with an interest in literature and it's taken him f
This has proven to be quite controversial in the publishing world and we do discuss this during the interview.
Q&A from listeners following the interview
1) Writing website: https://linktr.ee/jonathandemontfort_author
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jrdemontfort/
3) Twitter page: https://twitter.com/jrdemontfort
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turner-Jonathan-Montfort/dp/1912770016/
4) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18106693.Jonathan_de_Montfort
5) LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-de-montfort/
1) The Bookseller's report on De Montfort Literature: https://www.thebookseller.com/news/start-publishing-venture-offer-aspiring-novelists-salary-793601
2) About De Montfort Literature: https://www.demontfortliterature.com/about/
3) About De Montfort Capital: https://www.demontfortcapital.com/
4) Alli blog post on De Montfort Literature: https://selfpublishingadvice.org/watchdog-analysis-de-montfort-literature/
5) Lisa Poisso's website: http://lisapoisso.com/
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-20-10-2018/
Nathan Burrows is a UK indie-author who's based in Norfolk.
His debut novel, Blind Justice, was published in March 2018.
Nathan's latest release is ‘The Butcher’, a dark post-Brexit comedy.
It’s the first in a trilogy of dark comedy thrillers based in Norfolk.
The next in the trilogy – ‘The Baker’ – is slated for release in late Autumn 2018.
As well as being a voracious reader, Nathan runs the occasional marathon – which is how we connected.
1) Writing website: https://nathanburrows.com/
2) Facebook page:
3) Twitter page: https://twitter.com/nathanburrowsuk
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nathan-Burrows/e/B079KS96CQ
4) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/17677687.Nathan_Burrows
5) BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/nathan-burrows
6) Interview with Nathan: https://www.plaintalkbm.com/nathan-burrows/
1) Nathan's editor: http://flukyfiction.wixsite.com/publishing
2) The source of Nathan's Blind Justice cover: http://www.thecovercollection.com/
3) The Creative Penn podcast: https://www.thecreativepenn.com/podcasts/
4) The Self-Publishing Formula Podcast: https://selfpublishingformula.com/
5) Scrivener: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/overview
6) Vellum: https://vellum.pub/
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-13-10-2018/
Show notes at: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/episode-122-linzi-drew-honey-take-2/
Linzi Drew-Honey is a former glamour model and editor of Penthouse magazine.
She has also appeared on Page Three of The Sun.
Linzi has just self-published her second book – Every Shade of Black – which is an erotic fiction novel.
This second novel has also been published through Matador, the self-publishing imprint of The Troubador Publishing Group.
I wanted to catch up with Linzi to find out what she'd learned since writing her first book and why she'd decided to work with Matador for a second time.
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-06-10-2018/
Clare Sager is a first-time fantasy author who released her debut - A Thief and a Gentlewoman - about three weeks prior to recording this podcast interview.
It's Clare's second time on the podcast but I wanted to catch up with her because she's had a great launch and managed to buck the trend experienced by the majority of new authors.
Typically, most of us release our book, sell to a few friends and family members, then it's tumbleweed from that point onward.
For Clare though, following the best advice from groups like 20BooksTo50k - she managed to hit triple figures in her first week, which is a huge achievement.
I wanted to find out how she did it so that I could share her best tips with other indie authors.
1) Writing website: http://www.claresager.com/
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/claresagerauthor/
3) Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/ClareSAuthor
4) A Thief & A Gentlewoman sample: https://claims.instafreebie.com/free/YvQ1N
5) LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/clare-sager-449a2549/
6) Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/claresager/
7) Clare's podcast page: http://www.claresager.com/confessions
1) A link to Clare's blurb review spreadsheet - click here
2) Compensating for VAT when pricing books on Amazon: https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G201645410
3) KDP delivery costs: https://justpublishingadvice.com/amazon-kdp-delivery-costs-can-eat-at-your-royalty/
4) To find out more about InstaFreebie, click here [My referral link]
5) To find out more about BookFunnel, click here
6) Mark Dawson's Self-Publishing formula: https://selfpublishingformula.com/
7) Sell More Books Show: http://sellmorebooksshow.com/
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-29-09-2018/
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-22-09-2018/
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-15-09-2018/
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-08-09-2018/
Peter Mortimer is a poet, playwright, journalist and publisher who has lived in the North East for more than forty years.
Many of his books and plays have been published and performed in the region.
Peter is used to writing about difficult places: against Foreign Office advice he wandered round Yemen; he set up a children's theatre group in a Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon and, over one summer, walked the length of Britain with one dog and no money, dependent on the kindness of strangers to provide accommodation and food.
He is the founder and editor of IRON Press, the independent press which has championed new quality writing since 1973.
We met as part of the New Writing North digital project that I was involved with in May of this year and Peter is such an interesting character, i had to interview him for the podcast.
Find Out More:
1) Writing website: http://www.petermortimer.co.uk/
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CloudNineTheatreCompanyNE
3) Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/Cloud9Theatre
4) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Peter-Mortimer/e/B001K88XKA/
5) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/328906.Peter_Mortimer
Interview Talking Points:
1) Praise from Melvyn Bragg: http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/melvyn-bragg-pays-tribute-cullercoats-4392924<
2) Morden Tower: http://www.mordentower.org/https://cryptonewspodcast.com/episode-040-saturday-16th-june-2018/
3) Iron Press website: http://www.ironpress.co.uk/
4) Cloud Nine Theatre Company: http://www.cloudninetheatre.co.uk/
5) The Exchange Theatre: http://www.attheexchange.info/
6) New Writing North: http://newwritingnorth.com/
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-01-09-2018/
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-25-08-2018/
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-18-08-2018/
My blog post about Facebook ads: https://paulteague.com/facebook-judge-jury-executioner/
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-11-08-2018/
Debbie Young will be best known by many readers through her work for The Alliance of Independent Authors.
She writes warm, witty, feel-good contemporary fiction inspired by life in the English village where she lives.
The fifth in the series of her Sophie Sayers Village Mystery series will launch in September 2018.
Debbie also writes short stories, and has published three themed collections, “Marry in Haste”, “Quick Change”, and “Stocking Fillers”.
There is some non-fiction in her writing repertoire too.
Everything you need to know about my BookBub promo - the good, the bad, the ugly and the completely intriguing!
This week's show notes: https://self-publishing-journeys.com/podcast-diary-28-07-2018/