Coming up this week:
Coming up this week:
Coming up this week:
Coming up this week:
Coming up this week:
Jeremy Thompson is the Managing Director of Troubador Publishing and The Book Guild.
Matador is the company's self-publishing imprint and The Book Guild is the mainstream and partnership publishing company.
Several of the authors interviewed on this podcast have opted to self-publish their books through Matador and those who have published more than one title, return to use the service again.
The Matador team will be holding their 7th Self-Publishing Conference in Leicester in April so, it being the time for New Year resolutions and goal setting, I thought it would be an excellent opportunity to preview the event and find out more about this year's speakers.
Find Out More:
Interview Talking Points:
The Self-Publishing Conference: https://www.selfpublishingconference.org.uk/ [Recommended!]
The line-up for this year's event: https://selfpublishingconference.org.uk/speakers/
Orna Ross is an award-winning and bestselling independent novelist and poet, who also writes guides for other authors and creative entrepreneurs.
She is founder and Director of the Alliance of Independent Authors, the professional association for self-publishing writers and The Creativist Club, a support, motivation and accountability group for creative entrepreneurs.
She has been named “one of the 100 most influential people in publishing” by UK publishing trade magazine, The Bookseller.
Born and raised in Ireland, she now lives in London.
1) Writing website: https://www.ornaross.com/
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OrnaRossAuthor/
3) Twitter page: https://twitter.com/ornaross
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Orna-Ross/e/B001K86OBA
4) YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvH9gB5nDAnHO65Ni5DseFg
5) LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ornaross/
Gary Collins has a very interesting and unique background that includes military intelligence, Special Agent for the U.S. State Department Diplomatic Security Service, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and U.S. Food and Drug Administration. His background and expert knowledge brings a much-needed perspective to today's areas of simple living, health, nutrition, entrepreneurship, self-help and being more self-reliant. He holds an AS degree in Exercise Science, BS in Criminal Justice, and MS in Forensic Science. In addition to being a best selling author, he has taught at the University College level, consulted and trained college level athletes, and been interviewed for his expertise on various subjects by CBS Sports, Coast to Coast AM, The RT Network, and FOX News to name a few.
John Hindmarsh, a writer of thrillers and sci-fi novels who first appeared on this podcast in July 2017.
John is well-known in the 20Books and indie author community and received an astonishing response to a post he wrote in 20Books revealing his amazing achievements at the age of 78.
He has been dealing with some very serious health issues since we spoke, but John continues to self-publish his books and achieve bigger and better things.
I was keen to catch up with John to check in on his writing, find out how 20Books Vegas went and enquire about his health.
John's website: http://johnhindmarsh.com/
John's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JohnHindmarshAuthor/
John's Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/John-Hindmarsh/e/B005309ASK
John's Goodreads author page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7337086.John_Hindmarsh
Follow John on Twitter at https://twitter.com/john_hindmarsh
Edwin Downward is a Canadian writer who describes himself as a 'writer of Science Fiction Adventures'.
His debut novel is called 'Synergy of Hopes' and it was published in 2015.
The second novel - 'Into The Crucible' - was published earlier this year.
Edwin has also written 'One's World' which is a teaser into his science fiction Worlds Together Universe.
We've been exchanging messages for some years now on social media, so I thought it high time that we got together on the podcast to discuss sci-fi and self-publishing.
1) Writing website: https://edwindownward.com/
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/edwindownwardauthor/
3) Twitter page: https://twitter.com/edwindownward
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/Edwin-Downward/e/B01AH8W03O/
4) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14418662.Edwin_Downward
Alissa Grosso is the author of the YA novels Popular, Ferocity Summer and Shallow Pond as well as the nonfiction book How To Make Money Selling Vintage Items on Etsy.
She's also written a couple of thrillers - Girl Most Likely To Succeed and In The Bag.
Alissa shares her writing adventures on her weekly 'Awkward Author' vlog and podcast and her reselling adventures on the Planet Alissa channel.
In the past Alissa has worked as a newspaper editor, a children’s librarian, a book distributor sales rep and a long, long time ago as a tavern wench complete with Colonial style costume.
Her writing has appeared in a number of newspapers, magazines and websites, and she is a monthly contributor to YA Outside the Lines.
1) Writing website: http://alissagrosso.com
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/alissagrossoauthor/
3) Twitter page: https://twitter.com/alissagrosso
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alissa-Grosso/e/B004GBMPLQ
4) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3351600.Alissa_Grosso
1) Alissa's 'Awkward Author' YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCsbyw8sS6GFJ6FuZKnVGJw
3) Alissa is a monthly contributor to YA Outside the Lines.
4) Flux publishing: https://www.fluxnow.com/
5) Vellum formatting software: https://vellum.pub/
6) Scrivener writing software: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/overview
8) FBA Fulfillment by Amazon: https://services.amazon.co.uk/services/fulfilment-by-amazon/features-benefits.html
9) Profit Bandit: https://sellerengine.com/profit-bandit/
Clare Lydon is a London-based writer of contemporary lesbian romance and the host of the Lesbian Bookclub Podcast.
She’s a No.1 best-seller on lesbian fiction charts around the globe.
Clare now has six books in the All I Want series, five in the London Romance series and a selection standalones.
We originally spoke on the podcast almost two years ago, but when met in person at the 20BooksLondon event earlier this year, Clare told me that she's made lots of breakthroughs since that first interview.
Tim Lewis is a self-published author from London who, this year, made the change from writing fiction to non-fiction.
Previously he's written in the science fiction and fantasy genres, and to date has produced three books in the Timeshock series and two books in the 'Magpies & Magic' series.
His first non-fiction title is called Social Media Networking: How to Use Social Media to Get the Job You Want, Find Love, Get Business Success and Boost Your Travel Experience.
Tim is also the host of the Begin Self-Publishing Podcast and having interviewed many guests about marketing best-practice, he put many of those lessons into action with his latest book launch.
Stoneham Press: https://www.stonehampress.com/
Begin Self-Publishing on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BSPPodcast/
Begin Self-Publishing online: https://beginselfpublishing.com
Begin Self-Publishing onTwitter: https://twitter.com/BeginSPPodcast
Tim Lewis on LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/timothylewis
Tim's fiction books on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Timothy-Michael-Lewis/e/B00L66WQHM/
1) ScheduleOnce scheduling tool: https://www.scheduleonce.com/
2) K-lytics: http://k-lytics.com/
3) The One Thing - recommended book here
4) The Slight Edge here
5) See The Compound Effect here
6) Tim's social media event: https://cambridgesocial.media/agenda/
7) Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/
8) PublishDrive - my referral link here.
9) Kobo Writing Life (for authors): https://writinglife.kobobooks.com/
10) How to use Vellum on a PC: https://paulteague.com/how-to-use-vellum-on-a-pc/
11) Vellum software: https://vellum.pub/
12) Scrivener software: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/overview
13) Creating box sets in Vellum: https://help.vellum.pub/box-sets/
14) Tim's podcast episode talking about his book launch: https://beginselfpublishing.com/social-media-networking-book-release/
Shaun Stevens, a fantasy author who writes as S.P. Stevens.
Before turning to writing, Shaun followed a passion for music at first, writing and performing House and Techno in the 1990s.
Then, in 2001, he founded an internet marketing company, finding a home for his writing in the form of technical SEO and copywriting services.
Unable to resist more creative urges, in 2016 he decided to put fingers to keyboard, penning his debut Fantasy novel, Bindcrafter.
In early 2018, work started on a prequel novella in the Bindcrafter series, and Ranker’s Charge was released in August 2018.
1) Writing website: https://www.spstevens.com/
2) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/spstevenswriter/
3) Twitter page: https://twitter.com/spstevenswriter
3) Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/S.-P.-Stevens/e/B07F42BLT9/
4) Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18161374.S_P_Stevens
5) Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/spstevenswriter/
1) Outline of Wordpress Gutenberg changes: https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/
2) Divi Wordpress theme: https://www.elegantthemes.com/
3) Elementor Wordpress theme: https://elementor.com/
4) Thrive Themes: https://thrivethemes.com/architect/
5) Mailchimp email marketing: https://mailchimp.com/
6) MailerLite email marketing: https://www.mailerlite.com [My affiliate link]
7) SendinBlue email marketing: https://www.sendinblue.com/
8) NaNoWriMo: https://nanowrimo.org/
9) Amazing indie author discovery via Shaun! https://www.scribophile.com/