Rachel Abbott spent most of her working life as the Managing Director of an interactive media company.
After her company was sold in 2000, it took until November 2011 for Rachel to launch her first novel Only the Innocent.
The book was self-published in the UK through the Kindle Direct Publishing programme on Amazon, and reached the number 1 spot in the Kindle store just over three months later.
In August 2015, Amazon confirmed that Rachel is the UK's bestselling independent author over the last five years.
She is also listed at number 14 in the list of bestselling authors – both traditionally and independently published – over the same five year period.
Rachel now splits her time between homes in Italy and Alderney, where she writes full time and has just published her sixth novel, The Sixth Window.
Episode 69, release date Monday 26th June, 2017
1) Rachel's website: http://www.rachel-abbott.com/
2) Rachel's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RachelAbbott1Writer/
3) Follow Rachel on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RachelAbbott
4) Rachel's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/RachelAbbott
5) Follow Rachel on Pinterest: https://uk.pinterest.com/rachelabbott1/
6) Rachel's Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rachel-Abbott/e/B0068FBVCW/
7) Rachel's Goodreads author page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5349971.Rachel_Abbott
1) Rachel uses Scrivener for writing her books: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php
2) Rachel plots her books with Scrapple: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scapple.php
3) Createspace: https://www.createspace.com/
4) Ingram Spark: http://www.ingramspark.com/
5) New Writing North (which hosted Rachel's talk in Newcastle): http://newwritingnorth.com/
6) The AIDA marketing model: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDA_(marketing)
7) The Writer's Workshop: http://www.writersworkshop.co.uk/